Microbiological Testing Kits (Spas, Hot Tubs, Pools & Other Water Sources)
With hot tubs becoming ever-more popular throughout the UK leisure industry, the need for owners / managers to maintain proper water hygiene is more important than ever.
If you own or look after a rental property that includes a hot tub or pool, you have obligations under the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to (amongst other things) carry out monthly water testing to ensure that the water does not contain any harmful organisms, such as:
- Coliforms – a bacteria, usually present in the faeces of mammals
- E coli – a bacteria found in human or animal faeces (one of the organisms routinely monitored for signs of faecal pollution)
- Pseudomonas – an organism that is widespread in nature. It occurs commonly in water and soil and on damp or moist surfaces. When present, these organisms proliferate utilising nutrients found in the water or from materials found in the plumbing system.
- – an organism that can cause respiratory and gastrointestinal illness (cryptosporidiosis) that usually involves watery diarrhoea. This can also be accompanied by a persistent cough.
Spa-Kleen (Midlands) Ltd can help you keep on top of your legal obligations by offering monthly Microbiological Testing Kits. This is a very simple but effective system that will keep you fully appraised of the cleanliness of your hot tub water (and cleaning regime!).
- You order the correct number of kits that you need (one kit per hot tub).
- Take the water samples.
- Arrange a FREE courier collection of your samples
- Samples are tested by our UKAS approved laboratory.
- You receive a detailed certificate (one per test carried out).